[libvirt-users] kvm-vnc question

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Thu Apr 12 14:24:46 UTC 2018

On 04/11/2018 10:27 PM, 李卓瑶 wrote:
> hi:
> very glad writing to you,even though i don't confirm can hear from you. And my english is poor ,so..
>

> I'm a developer on kvm from china, and i meet a question that "virsh define geneic.xml" in arm platform failded with
> unsupported configuration: PCI controller at index 1(0x01) has bus='0x01',but index must be larger than bus
>

> Because i add the vnc info in generic.xml. If i delete it ,virsh define would be ok. The issue only happened in arm platform. And nothing error in x86 platform.
>

> I think may be something error happened in pci.Right?

[meta-comment]

Attaching screenshots that result in a 1.4 megabyte message to a mailing
list is a poor practice (it causes needless load on the server that must
duplicate your mail to hundreds of recipients, and there are still
plenty of internet connections that come with data caps or more
expensive rates for downloading that much content over lists).  In the
future, either paste just the text from your screen rather than a
screenshot, or upload the image somewhere else and post only the URL to
your upload, so that the list isn't spammed with a huge image attachment.

[And speaking as a list moderator, my apologies to other list readers
for moderating this one through; often, I'm able to catch large message
attachments and reject the posts with suggestions for a smaller message,
without the list having to see the original large message]

--
Eric Blake, Principal Software Engineer
Red Hat, Inc.           +1-919-301-3266