[libvirt-users] Online Disk Resize with Windows Server 2016

Andre Goree andre at drenet.net
Thu Apr 12 15:29:33 UTC 2018

I'm having an issue when resizing a disk (a Ceph RBD disk, though the
type of disk shouldn't matter, I'd think) attached to a Windows Server
2016 guest.

After I resize the disk, the newly-created disk space is _not_
recognized by the server.  Even after running Action > Rescan from the
Disk Management app, the new disk space does not show.  However, when I
perform the same resize on a Windows Server 2012 or even a Sever 2008
system, the Action > Rescan works fine and the newly-created disk space
is recognized without needed to detach the drive or reboot the VM.

Does anyone have an idea of what may have changed in Windows 2k16 that
might be causing this?  Possibly some undocumented registry change or
something?

--
Andre Goree
Email     - andre at drenet.net