[libvirt-users] How allocate ip for guest in xml file

llilulu llilulu at yeah.net
Tue Apr 17 06:42:15 UTC 2018

Hi:
  I encounter a promble when I use libvirt manager my virtual machine. I use dhcp allocate IP for my guest, but use dhcp manager IP source, I will ensure guest run NetworkManager auto start NIC in dhcp type get IP. But some release system no install NetworkManager, or some installed system no install NetworkManager, so when I manager those guest, I cann't allocate IP for guest via dhcp server. I want know has other way allocate ip for guest in guest xml file when create the guest, I search "libvirt domain xml format", I find use blow xml configuration in <interface/>
                      <ip address='192.168.122.5' prefix='24'/>
But I add this in my guest xml file, virsh create guest will report an error:
                       "error: unsupported configuration: Invalid attempt to set network interface guest-side IP route and/or address info, not supported by QEMU"
I want to know if I use dhcp allocate IP for guest, has some way auto start guest dhclinet when guest start(because NIC can hotplug, I cann't write NIC configure file for it). or I want configure IP for guest in guest xml file,How cant I do? my libvirt version is 3.4.0, qemu is 2.9.0. I compile libvirt and qemu myself, when compile its run ./configure script without specific args. If I want qemu or libvirt support configure IP in guest xml file, how I compile libvirt and qemu?
   Thanks.