[libvirt-users] Server 2016 locked in paused state

Paul O'Rorke paul at tracker-software.com
Mon Apr 30 14:59:51 UTC 2018

Hi all,

I have a number of production Windows servers on KVM/DRBD and two of
them are Server 2016.  Both these guests have started exhibiting the
same behaviour where they enter a paused state and will not resume.

The behaviour is the same whether I use virsh or virt-manager. My only
recourse is to force the guest off and start it again. This brings the
host up temporarily where upon it pauses again. It could be minutes or
hours but it always returns to being stuck in this paused state.

I'm not seeing anything much in /var/log/kern.log or syslog - perhaps
I'm missing the clue.

Has anyone else seen this and or can you advise me where I should be
looking to find the cause of this?

Sincerely

--

*Paul O'Rorke*
*Tracker Software Products (Canada) Limited *

<http://www.tracker-software.com/>

Support:
http://www.tracker-software.com/support
Download latest Releases