[libvirt-users] ecryptfs (from centosplus) and libvirt lxc quest on it - quest upon start shoots host in the head

lejeczek peljasz at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Aug 1 09:37:36 UTC 2018

hi guys

I have a lxc guest on Dell's R815(AMD Opterons) which I just moved to an
ecryptfs mounted folder(using centosplus' kernel C7.5)

Copying data to that folder seems to work just fine, but I as soon as I
start the quest, the host gets shot in the head almost immediately, hard
reboot, no dump.

I also have another, virtually identical guest but on Intel platform and
that one does not do anything but runs okey.

Any of you guys has experience such gross abnormality?

(maybe a heads-up to redhat if cryptfs was to be ever added)

many thanks, L.