[libvirt-users] libvirt and virt-manager - Unable to complete install: 'internal error: unsupported input bus usb'

Cole Robinson crobinso at redhat.com
Wed Aug 22 20:08:39 UTC 2018

On 08/22/2018 03:30 PM, Eduardo Lúcio Amorim Costa wrote:
> I'm trying create a virtual machine using Xen as hypervisor and
> virt-manager (libvirt) as the management module. When trying to create
> the virtual machine I am getting the following error:
>
> "
> Unable to complete install: 'internal error: unsupported input bus usb'
> "
>
> ERROR DETAILS:
>
> Unable to complete install: 'internal error: unsupported input bus usb'
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>    File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/asyncjob.py", line 75, in
> cb_wrapper
>      callback(asyncjob, *args, **kwargs)
>    File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/create.py", line 2276, in
> _do_async_install
>      guest.start_install(meter=meter)
>    File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtinst/guest.py", line 461, in
> start_install
>      doboot, transient)
>    File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtinst/guest.py", line 397, in
> _create_guest
>      domain = self.conn.createXML(install_xml or final_xml, 0)
>    File "/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/libvirt.py", line 3717, in
> createXML
>      if ret is None:raise libvirtError('virDomainCreateXML() failed',
> conn=self)
> libvirt.libvirtError: internal error: unsupported input bus usb
>
> NOTE I: The deploy process follows the instructions here
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwkmDM-Gpzc and here
> https://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Xen/Xen4QuickStart .
> NOTE II: Xen Hypervisor uses a CentOS 7 as "domu".
>
> MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE PROBLEM HERE:
> https://unix.stackexchange.com/q/464186/61742
Coincidentally this a bug I fixed just this morning:

commit b1eb07c26aae1b303cd9893427f46f5b693544b3 (HEAD -> master,
origin/master, origin/HEAD)
Author: Cole Robinson <crobinso at redhat.com>
Date:   Wed Aug 22 08:38:33 2018 -0400

     guest: Don't add usb tablet for xen PV

     xen PV doesn't have USB support

But you can work around it: at the end of the 'new vm' wizard, click
'customize before install', and in the VM details window, remove the
tablet device, then finish the install. That should make things work

- Cole