[libvirt-users] Setting up port forwarding to guests on nat network

Martin Kletzander mkletzan at redhat.com
Fri Aug 31 09:06:30 UTC 2018

On Thu, Aug 30, 2018 at 06:50:38PM -0400, Rhys Ferris wrote:
>Thanks for the reply!
>output:
>net.ipv4.ip_forward = 1

OK, so that is fine.

>What do you mean "The out:any and"

I started writing something and then realized it's not related.

Anyway, you can also

>Anywhere else I can look as to why the connection isn't going?
>Do I need some kind of listener at that port on the host? I'm not even
>seeing the packet count on the prerouting chain increase when the
>connection attempts are made.

You can always check with wireshark to see what packets are arriving.

Anyway, my iptables are rusty since I switched to shorewall and then firewalld,
so I'm not sure what the reason is.  It looks like it should work.