[libvirt-users] Libvirt api for esx

ROHIT SINGH rohit.singh0908 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 16:14:17 UTC 2018

Hi Martin,

Could you please help me with below issue, I am not sure what’s wrong here.
Please find below code and error snippet.

Thanks for help.

Code Snippet: -

from __future__ import print_function
import sys
import libvirt
SASL_USER = <username>
SASL_PASS = <password>
def request_cred(credentials, user_data):
    for credential in credentials:
        if credential[0] == libvirt.VIR_CRED_AUTHNAME:
            credential[4] = SASL_USER
        elif credential[0] == libvirt.VIR_CRED_PASSPHRASE:
            credential[4] = SASL_PASS
    return 0
auth = [[libvirt.VIR_CRED_AUTHNAME, libvirt.VIR_CRED_PASSPHRASE],
request_cred, None]
conn = libvirt.openAuth("esx://<vm name>?no_verify=1", auth, 0)
if conn == None:
    print('Failed to open connection to qemu+tcp://localhost/system',
file=sys.stderr)
    exit(1)
conn.close()

Error Snippet: -
File
"/usr/software/pkgs/Python-3.4.3/lib/python3.4/site-packages/libvirt.py",
line 105, in openAuth
if ret is None:raise libvirtError('virConnectOpenAuth() failed')
libvirt.libvirtError: internal error: HTTP response code 404 for call to
'RetrieveServiceContent'

Regards
Rohit Singh