[libvirt-users] certificate pinning

Daniel P. Berrangé berrange at redhat.com
Mon Dec 10 09:38:14 UTC 2018

On Sat, Dec 08, 2018 at 11:19:40AM +0300, Anastasiya Ruzhanskaya wrote:
> Hello!
> Does libvirt uses certificate pinning in tls? I want to setup a transparent
> proxy (mitmproxy) and can't do this even after I added mitmproxy ca
> certificate to the trusted certificates in ubuntu.

Libvirt doesn't ever use the global certificates stores, because public
CAs are not relevant to libvirt deployments - indeed trusting the global
cert store in the OS would lower security by opening it upto arbitrary
CAs. See this doc for where libvirt finds CA certs

https://libvirt.org/remote.html#Remote_certificates

Regards,
Daniel