[libvirt-users] "virsh list --all" is intermittently causing a shutdown client to boot?

Peter Kukla fruviad at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 14 15:31:39 UTC 2018

 Autostart is set to "enable" for this domain, but I wouldn't expect autostart to be invoked when a simple "read-only" command is run.  I'd expect the "list --all" command to only display details about the domain...not change the status of the domain by booting it.  Maybe I'm misunderstanding things...

    On Thursday, December 13, 2018, 11:20:30 AM EST, Michal Privoznik <mprivozn at redhat.com> wrote:

 On 12/11/18 3:39 PM, Peter Kukla wrote:
> Hello,
> <snip/>

Could it be that the domain is set as "autostart"? The session daemon is
slightly different to system daemon. The former come and go if there is
no activity for (by default) 30 seconds. And if the domain would be
marked as 'autostart' (meaning start the domain automatically when the
daemon is being started) the I could imagine this happening.

`virsh dominfo $domain' should tell you that.

Michal