[libvirt-users] How to get list of CPUs compatible with the host CPU and vendor?

Milan Zamazal mzamazal at redhat.com
Mon Dec 3 12:07:02 UTC 2018

Hi, I'm trying to use virConnectGetDomainCapabilities to get the list of
CPUs compatible with the host CPU.  I would like to further limit the
list to CPUs of the same vendor as the host CPU.  How can I do that?

I tried to use virConnectBaselineCPU with <vendor> element and checking
whether I obtain the same CPU, but that doesn't filter out CPUs without
any vendor such as `kvm64' or `pentium'.

Thanks,
Milan