[libvirt-users] Usable and non-usable CPU models in nested virtualization

Milan Zamazal mzamazal at redhat.com
Wed Dec 12 15:58:19 UTC 2018

Thank you for explanation, it's clear to me now.

One last question: Is there a way to get supported compatibility modes
on POWER?  For instance, I get the following from domcapabilities on a
POWER9 machine:

  <cpu>
    <mode name='host-passthrough' supported='yes'/>
    <mode name='host-model' supported='yes'>
      <model fallback='allow'>POWER9</model>
      <vendor>IBM</vendor>
    </mode>
    <mode name='custom' supported='no'/>
  </cpu>

How can I find out that POWER8 guests are also supported on the machine?

Thanks,
Milan