[libvirt-users] avoiding PCI bus 8 / using PCI function / virt-install

b f31415 bf31415 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 26 23:59:42 UTC 2018

Thanks.  Maybe I'm missing something but when I try virt-install --dry-run
--print-xml it generates this snippet of XML:

    <interface type="bridge">

      <source bridge="ge_0_0_0_77"/>

      <mac address="52:54:00:01:00:4e"/>

      <model type="virtio"/>

    </interface>

but what i need (and get from virsh dumpxml) has this extra PCI line.

    <interface type='bridge'>

      <mac address='52:54:00:01:00:4e'/>

      <source bridge='ge_0_0_0_77'/>

      <target dev='vnet78'/>

      <model type='virtio'/>

      <alias name='net78'/>

     <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x01' slot='0x0a'
function='0x6' />

    </interface>

Did I miss something?  Do you see PCI in the XML when you do the
virt-install --dryrun approach?

Thanks