[libvirt-users] libvirt on Windows

Robin Stegk Robin.Stegk at paessler.com
Thu Feb 1 13:19:03 UTC 2018

Hello,

i am interested in developing against the libvirt library. But we would also need an actively developed version for Windows.
The links I found on the website for Windows related builds are all pretty outdated and do not really work for me.

  *   https://github.com/SPICE/virt-viewer Last commit 2 years ago
  *   https://github.com/photron/msys_setup Last commit 5 years ago

So before getting invested too much, I wanted to ask how is the situation with Windows builds? Is libvirt focused on linux only for now, or do I just need to look somewhat better?
Maybe the cross compiling is working? (I didn't try that for now, because I would need to set up a Fedora maschine).

With kind regards / Mit besten Grüßen
Robin Stegk
Software Engineer

--
Paessler AG - The Network Monitoring Company
Thurn-und-Taxis-Straße 14, 90411 Nürnberg, Deutschland

Mehr als 200.000 IT-Administratoren weltweit vertrauen auf PRTG

Vorstand: Dr. Marc Rössel, Christian Twardawa
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Dr. Heinz Raufer
Eintragung: Amtsgericht Nürnberg HRB 23757