[libvirt-users] Virtualization Management Platforms

Daniel P. Berrangé berrange at redhat.com
Fri Feb 9 10:27:25 UTC 2018

On Fri, Feb 09, 2018 at 10:14:28AM +0530, Prasad K wrote:
> On 09/02/18 9:17 AM, TomK wrote:
> > Looking for something that's relatively simple to operate, install and
> > lightweight but with enough maturity to provide monitoring as well as
> > holistic views of the entire physical space etc.
> virt-manager will fall in simple and lightweight category.
> You can connect to multiple hypervisors via SSH from one single window.
>
> https://virt-manager.org

I wouldn't particularly recommend virt-manager once you go above 10
hosts. The UI design isn't well tailored to manging many 100's of VMs,
and the underlying RPC protocol is synchronous and point-to-point, so
doesn't scale to well as hosts are added either.

I think 30-40 hosts is large enough to justify considering a more serious
VM management app like oVirt or OpenStack.

Regards,
Daniel