[libvirt-users] snapshot of a raw file - how to revert ?

Lentes, Bernd bernd.lentes at helmholtz-muenchen.de
Fri Feb 16 15:37:38 UTC 2018

----- On Feb 16, 2018, at 3:01 PM, Kashyap Chamarthy kchamart at redhat.com wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 16, 2018 at 01:59:01PM +0100, Lentes, Bernd wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>> Hi Kashyap,
>>
>> thanks for your quick and detailed answers. Just to be complete.
>> The procedure in the above mentioned link does work with my old software ?
>
> It _should_ work; but please try on a test VM and see what works and
> what doesn't in your environment.

Hi,

again thanks for your quick answer. I had a look on https://wiki.libvirt.org/page/Live-disk-backup-with-active-blockcommit
and i liked it. I'm thinking of upgrading my systems to SLES 12 SP3. With that i have qemu 2.9.1 and libvirt 3.3.0, so it should work.
Does this procedure also work with raw files ?

Bernd

Helmholtz Zentrum München