[libvirt-users] Install of Libvirt-snmp

Michal Privoznik mprivozn at redhat.com
Mon Feb 26 06:16:58 UTC 2018

On 02/26/2018 01:16 AM, Michael Cooper wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
>          This is my first time here and I have a question. Where is it
> installed? I am assuming on the KVM Host itself?

You can view files belonging to a package by running:

$ rpm -ql libvirt-snmp

However, for that the package needs to be installed.

But I should warn you that libvirt-snmp package is not actively
developed (the last commit is from 2015 and the one before that is from
2012), nor I intent to write any patches for it. Part of the problem is
that when creating this project I've used net-snmp to generate the code
skeleton and then just implemented what was needed. Now net-snmp rebased
couple of times, uses different API and so libvirt-snmp doesn't compile
anymore. In order to fix it the code needs to be rewritten from scratch.

Michal