[libvirt-users] Libvirt supported qemu-ga commands

procmem procmem at riseup.net
Wed Feb 28 23:55:16 UTC 2018

procmem:
> Where can I find the full list of libvirt supported qemu-ga commands?
> The docs [0] imply virDomainQemuAgentCommand bypasses libvirt and is not
> recommended.
>
> I am looking to pass suspend/resume events from the host to the guest
> and then have the guest act on this internally. Your help is appreciated.
>

> [0] https://wiki.libvirt.org/page/Qemu_guest_agent

Did some RTFMing [1], I guess if I go by the shutdown example I can
suspend/resume via guest agent with these commands?

virsh suspend --mode=agent
virsh resume --mode=agent

[1]
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_enterprise_linux/7/html/virtualization_deployment_and_administration_guide/sect-using_the_qemu_guest_virtual_machine_agent_protocol_cli-libvirt_commands