[libvirt-users] libvirt net xml format

Laine Stump laine at redhat.com
Thu Jan 4 15:33:57 UTC 2018

On 12/27/2017 11:24 AM, Bhasker C V wrote:
> Hi all,
>  I went through the docs but could not find a way to pass the
> -h OR --no-hosts
> option to dnsmasq via libvirt xml
>
> Is there a way to do this via xml ? please can someone help.

No, there isn't. If you need to customize the dhcp configuration for a
libvirt network beyond the items that are described in

  https://libvirt.org/formatnetwork.html

you will need to disable the dnsmasq started for the network by libvirt
and setup your own dnsmasq in the host's own system config (outside of
libvirt).

You can disable libvirt's dnsmasq for a libvirt network by removing the
<dhcp> element from its config and adding "<dns enable='no'/>" (using
"virsh net-edit" followed by "virsh net-destroy" and "virsh net-start"),