[libvirt-users] VM migration upon shutdown in centos 7

Raman Gupta ramangupta16 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 5 11:00:49 UTC 2018

Hi,

I have CentOS 7,  two node system which allows live VM migration between
them. Live migration triggered from virsh is happily happening. I am using
GlusterFS for replicating VM disk files.

Now I want to automatically do the live migration at the time of
reboot/shutdown/halt of the host node and for this I have written a systemd
service unit [vPreShutdownHook.service] and placed the live migration
command in a migrate script which is invoked from this service unit. The
migrate script is invoked but migration does not happen.
If someone has some idea please help me to migrate VM upon shutdown.

######## vPreShutdownHook.service ###############

[Unit]
Description=vPreShutdownHook
Requires=network.target
Requires=libvirtd.service
Requires=dbus.service
Requires=glusterd.service
Requires=glusterfsd.service
DefaultDependencies=no
Before=shutdown.target reboot.target

[Service]
Type=oneshot
RemainAfterExit=true
ExecStart=/bin/true
ExecStop=/root/vm_migrate.sh

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

########## Command to migrate ############
/usr/bin/virsh migrate --verbose --p2p --tunneled --live  --compressed
--comp-methods "mt"  --comp-mt-level 5 --comp-mt-threads 5
--comp-mt-dthreads 5   MY_VM qemu+ssh://root@$node2/system

Thanks,