[libvirt-users] virsh and bash scripts

Hetz Ben Hamo hetz at hetz.biz
Sat Jan 6 15:27:52 UTC 2018

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to use virsh to connect to vCenter/VCSA and do some
simple management of the VM's in case of power loss (I'm planning to run
the script upon UPS/apcd event of power failure).

Looking through the virsh documentation, I didn't find 2 things:

1. Login through a script (I don't see any user/password, specially since
VCSA for example requires to use username at vsphere.local [or your AD domain
insteadd of vsphere.local if you connected it to your AD domain])
2. Get all the VMs running on the vCenter, not just specific hosts.

Any suggestion?

Thanks