[libvirt-users] All VMs permanently 'paused'

Mark Coolen mark.coolen at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 16:03:16 UTC 2018

I set up Alpine Linux as a libvirt-based KVM hypervisor last week.
Everything was working beautifully on Friday. I left two Windows VMs up and
running and two 'Saved' on Friday afternoon. When I go in this morning the
two running ones were 'Paused' and I can't unpause them with virt-manager
or with virsh. The other two saved ones I can start, but they are
immediately paused too. When I click to unpause in virt- manager nothing
happens. When I 'resume' in virsh I get 'Domain ... resumed' but it's
immediately paused again. I looked in /var/log/libvirt/libvirtd.log and
qemu/<DOMAIN>.log and there doesn't seem to be anything happening. No
errors or anything.
As I say. Everything was working fine on Friday afternoon.

Does anyone know what I should try next? I'll attach my logs and the XML of
one of my machines.