[libvirt-users] Network problem when rebooting Fedora qemu/kvm guest on Gentoo host

Dan Johansson Dan.Johansson at dmj.nu
Sun Jun 17 14:48:57 UTC 2018

Hello,

I have some problem with some of my qemu/kvm guests running Fedora on a
Gentoo host where my Gentoo guests works without problem.

The problem that I have is that when I reboot (shutdown -r now) the
Fedora guest "loses" (ifconfig does not show a IP-address) their network
connections. The Gentoo guests reboots without problem.

All the guests have same HW-configuration, only Name/DiskImage/MAC-
addresses differ.

Here some technical details:
Host:
Distribution	Gentoo
Kernel		4.9.95-gentoo
Qemu		app-emulation/qemu-2.11.1-r2
		USE="aio bzip2 caps curl fdt filecaps gnutls jpeg lzo ncurses nls
pin-upstream-blobs png sdl seccomp vhost-net vnc xattr"
		QEMU_SOFTMMU_TARGETS="x86_64"
		QEMU_USER_TARGETS="x86_64"
libvirt		app-emulation/libvirt-4.3.0
		USE="caps dbus libvirtd nls qemu udev"

Guest
Distribution	Fedora 28
Kernel		4.16.15-300.fc28.x86_64
Networkmanager	NetworkManager.x86_64 1:1.10.8-1.fc28

Any suggestions?
--
Dan Johansson
This message is printed on 100% recycled electrons!