[libvirt-users] Read-only Guests for Anti-Forensics

procmem procmem at riseup.net
Sun Jun 24 23:29:13 UTC 2018

Hello. I'm interested in running guests as read-only to turn them into a
sort of virtualized "live=cd". The goal is to leave no forensic evidence
on the host disk or virtual one which would lead to traces on the host
still- similar to how TAILS works but with the added convenince and
flexibility of running in a VM. If I set the qcow image to read-only as
per the manual, will any changes made during a session be written to
disk (or a transient file on disk)?