[libvirt-users] Network interface name of guest via python API

Dennis Jacobfeuerborn dennisml at conversis.de
Mon Mar 19 15:46:13 UTC 2018

Hi,
I'm trying to get some basic data from running guests on a libvirt HV
but one thing I'm missing is the name of the network interfaces of the
guests. I can get the MAC address from the XML but there seems to be no
function to actually get the name of the interface.

The only function that comes close is this one:
https://libvirt.org/html/libvirt-libvirt-domain.html#virDomainInterfaceAddresses

This function requires a parameter that I don't really have enough
information about.

What is the best way to enumerate a guests interfaces including the name?

Regards,
  Dennis