Re: [libvirt-users] Resource control is not supported on this host

On 03/13/2018 09:51 AM, Allence wrote:
> Libvirt release version V4.1.0
> It add a element is cachetune
> After we add this, We can use host-cpu-cache
> But when i add it, my host get a error message:
> "Resource control is not supported on this host"
> Why?

For Cache Allocation Technology you need support at CPU hardware level.
Currently, only less than dozen CPUs support it (all server level Xeons):

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/communications/cache-monitoring-cache-allocation-technologies.html#xeoncmtcat

Michal