Re: [libvirt-users] qemu-img snapshot on running virtual machine

Il 15-03-2018 09:13 Ján Tomko ha scritto:
It is not safe.

For a running domain, you need to go through libvirt and also save the
memory of the VM - doing just the disk snapshot for a running machine
would be an equivalent of copying a physical hard drive after pulling
out the power cord.

Jan

Hi Jan, I 100% agree that taking a snapshot without dumping the memory content would be akin to "pulling the plug" on the guest.

However, I was speaking about disk image file consistency. In other words: does taking a snapshot of an in-use virtual disk have a chance to corrupt the *original* disk Qcow2 image file?

Thanks.

--
Danti Gionatan
Supporto Tecnico