[libvirt-users] About libvirt domain snapshot problem(for single disk snapshot)

James Iter james.iter.cn at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 16:17:58 UTC 2018

Hi, dear friend.
My guest has two disks, vda and vdb. both are qcow2 local file.
When guest running state.
I want to take the vda snapshot of guest(just vda, no include vdb). but I met libvirt do snapshot for all disks of guest.

About methods for follow:
1、
``` bash
virsh
snapshot-create-as 8x0lbzvS --name sys_disk3 --disk-only --diskspec "vda,snapshot=external"
```
``` result
[root at 10k03 ~]# ls -lh /opt/Images/*sys_disk3
-rw-------. 1 qemu qemu 194K 3月  20 23:27 /opt/Images/00d76a58-9637-4402-9739-21afd1246e06.sys_disk3
-rw-------. 1 qemu qemu 704K 3月  20 23:52 /opt/Images/8d582c1c-355a-4297-9434-2f2f562c77df.sys_disk3

```

2、
``` python
#!/usr/bin/env python
# -*- coding: utf-8 -*-

import libvirt
import libvirt_qemu
import json
import sys

name = sys.argv[1]
print name
conn = libvirt.open()
dom = conn.lookupByName(name)

xml = """
<domainsnapshot>
<name>sysdisk_by_xml</name>
<description>By xml</description>
<disks>
<disk name='vda' snapshot='external'>
</disk>
</disks>
</domainsnapshot>
"""

flags = 0
flags |= libvirt.VIR_DOMAIN_SNAPSHOT_CREATE_DISK_ONLY
flags |= libvirt.VIR_DOMAIN_SNAPSHOT_CREATE_QUIESCE

ret = dom.snapshotCreateXML(xmlDesc=xml, flags=flags)
```
``` result
[root at 10k03 ~]# ls -lh /opt/Images/*sysdisk_by_xml
-rw-------. 1 qemu qemu 194K 3月  20 23:52 /opt/Images/00d76a58-9637-4402-9739-21afd1246e06.sysdisk_by_xml
-rw-------. 1 qemu qemu 1.2M 3月  21 00:03 /opt/Images/8d582c1c-355a-4297-9434-2f2f562c77df.sysdisk_by_xml

```
。

Then, I search by google. see your page(https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvirt-users/2013-June/msg00102.html).

Now, I want to ask you, was you found the way?

--
James Iter