[libvirt-users] Server 2016 locked in paused state

Martin Kletzander mkletzan at redhat.com
Tue May 1 14:03:58 UTC 2018

On Mon, Apr 30, 2018 at 05:46:14PM +0200, Francesc Guasch wrote:
>On 30/4/18 16:59, Paul O'Rorke wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have a number of production Windows servers on KVM/DRBD and two of
>> them are Server 2016.  Both these guests have started exhibiting the
>> same behaviour where they enter a paused state and will not resume.
>>

>Paul, I experienced this when the server images partition
>filled. It may not be your case but it's worth to check it out.

Yeah, that was my first idea as well, you might have ran out of space.  Check
the pause reason for the domain. I'm not sure how to do that in virt-manager,
but you can do that using `virsh domstate --reason $domain`.  You can also check
libvirt logs for something like EIO or I/O error, but that will just be a debug
message saying that QEMU sent us something like that.