[libvirt-users] Unable to connect VMs to a bridge over bonded network on Debian 9 (works fine on Centos 7.4)

Thing thing.thing at gmail.com
Wed May 23 01:12:04 UTC 2018

Hi,

Sorry of this is the wrong list, trying to find some help.

I am trying to set up 2 KVM hosts using Debian 9 (connecting to a 3 node
Centos 7.4 gluster cluster)  To get the bandwidth I have bonded 2 NICS each
end.  However while the network works fine for the Debian VM host the VM
guests cannot connect/get an IP using DHCP connecting to br0.  (Same setup
on the Centos end works fine however)

On the Debian host if I connect to br1 which is a bridge to a NIC port it
works fine.  My problem then seems to be at the bonding layer for
libvirt/kvm ?

Here is my interfaces config, I cannot see the problem.  The VM guest is on
the gluster cluster and boots fine just no networking.

any ideas what I am doing wrong pls?  or a better group/list to go ask in?

auto eno1
iface eno1  inet  manual
#iface eno1  inet static
    bond-master bond0
    #address 192.168.1.62
    #netmask 255.255.255.0
    #gateway 192.168.1.1
    #dns-nameservers 192.168.1.241 192.168.1.104
#    mtu 9000

auto enp1s0f1
iface enp1s0f1 inet manual
        bond-master bond0
#    mtu 9000

auto bond0
iface bond0 inet static
   bond-miimon 100
   bond-mode 6
   bond-updelay 200
   bond-xmit_hash_policy layer3+4
   bond-lacp-rate 1
#   mtu 9000
# address 192.168.1.62
# netmask 255.255.255.0
# gateway 192.168.1.1
# dns-nameservers 192.168.1.241 192.168.1.104
   slaves eno1 enp1s0f1

auto br0
iface br0 inet static
   address 192.168.1.62
   netmask 255.255.255.0
   gateway 192.168.1.1
   dns-nameservers 192.168.1.241 192.168.1.104
   bridge_ports bond0
   #bridge_ports eno1 enp1s0f1
   bridge_stp on
   bridge_fd 0.0