[libvirt-users] Unable to configure libxl's memory management parameters

Mathieu Tarral mathieu.tarral at protonmail.com
Tue Nov 27 11:25:36 UTC 2018

Hi !

I'm trying to get a working installation of Xen 4.11 from source, with Libvirt.

I managed to compile, install and boot on Xen so far.
But when I start the libvirt daemon, it fails with the following error:

info : libvirt version: 4.1.0, package: 5.fc28 (Fedora Project, 2018-08-23-19:00:58, buildvm-19
error : libxlDriverConfigNew:1644 : Unable to configure libxl's memory management parameters
error : virStateInitialize:775 : Initialization of LIBXL state driver failed: no error
error : daemonRunStateInit:837 : Driver state initialization failed

So there are 2 things here:
- why libvirt is unable to configure Libxl ? where should i look for any clues ?
- "Initialization of LIBXL state driver failed: no error" it looks like a bug in Libvirt, if it fails, an error message should be reported

Thank you.
--
Mathieu Tarral

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.