[libvirt-users] Remote and local connections at the same time (Centos 7)

Anastasiya Ruzhanskaya anastasiya.ruzhanskaya at frtk.ru
Thu Nov 22 06:58:41 UTC 2018

Hello!
I was investigating libvirt a year ago regarding it's remote control. I
figured out necessary settings for configuring remote control in ubuntu
(setting flags in libvirt setting files). Now I have several questions:

1) Are these flags the same for Centos?
They did not worked for me.
My flags for ubuntu are (for tcp for example):

/etc/libvirt/libvirtd.conf : listen_tls = 0, listen_tcp = 1, listen_addr =
"0.0.0.0 " auth_-
tcp = "none "
/etc/init/libvirt-bin.conf: add -l (listen) : env libvirtd_opts = d -l"
/etc/default/libvirt-bin add -l : libvirtd_opts = d -l"

2) Can the remote control be configured along with local on one machine?
For example, in one configuration I want to run libvirt on this machine and
accept incoming remote calls, and at the same time I want to be able to run
virtual machines locally on the same machine. Are these two things somehow
connected or I am free to set up both of them?
As I see the flags touch not only libvirtd settings, but also libvirt
settings.