[libvirt-users] Sasl+tls setup

Anastasiya Ruzhanskaya anastasiya.ruzhanskaya at frtk.ru
Wed Nov 28 13:42:58 UTC 2018

Hello everyone,

I am trying to set up sasl authentication in virt-manager. I read in one
existing bug, that it is better to use tls for encryption and sasl for
authentication, but not use  sasl for both.

I configured tls, it was fine. Then I created a user "u" on server and
modified libvirtd.conf.

I set auth_tls = "sasl" there and mech_list: scram-sha-1 in sasl2 config
for libvirt.

The output of sasl:
u at ubuntu2:~$ sudo sasldblistusers2 -f /etc/libvirt/passwd.db
u at ubuntu: userPassword

Then I connect to server using tls and entering as the user u.

Then I have the following message:

Unable to connect to libvirt qemu+tls://u@192.168.246.135/system.

authentication failed: authentication failed

What are the correct steps to set up everything right. I just followed
this: set up tls, set up user, modify config file, relaunch and connect.