[libvirt-users] Device lease hot unplug and events

Milan Zamazal mzamazal at redhat.com
Fri Oct 12 17:33:54 UTC 2018

Hi, when working on hot unplugs of various devices, I've found out that
hot unplugging <lease> device doesn't generate
VIR_DOMAIN_EVENT_ID_DEVICE_REMOVED event.  <lease> also doesn't have an
alias, so it wouldn't be identifiable in the corresponding callback.

Is this difference from other hotpluggable devices intentional?  If yes,
is there any better way of checking that <lease> removal is completed
than querying and examining the domain XML?  From user's point of view,
it would be best if I could simply handle the device removal event the
same way as with other devices.

Thanks,
Milan