[libvirt-users] snapshots with virsh in a pacemaker cluster

Doug Hughes doug.hughes at keystonenap.com
Mon Oct 15 19:53:37 UTC 2018

I snapshot my guests live with qemu-guest-agent. It works pretty much
flawlessly with qcow2, but even with raw I can almost always boot off of
a snapshot. I combine this with zfs and hourly snapshots and replication
and have a really usable backup and DR system that works with my guests,
both Windows and Linux.

You should test it with qemu-guest-agent and then try to boot off of it
and see if you run into issues. I've been doing this for 2+ years.

--
Doug Hughes
Keystone NAP