[libvirt-users] Serial ports: vm vs bare metal

Lars Kellogg-Stedman lars at redhat.com
Tue Oct 9 20:42:05 UTC 2018

I'm running libvirt under Fedora 28. I would like to attach a USB
device to a VM, but when I select "Redirect USB Device" from the
"Virtual Machine" menu in virt-manager and then select the device, I
get the error:

  USB redirection error

  spice-client-error-quark: Could not redirect [device name] at 1-11:
  Error setting USB device node ACL: 'Not authorized' (0)

There are no additional log messages acccompanying this in either the
journal or in audit.log.  It's not a selinux issue.  The "Details"
dropdown in the error dialog helpfully adds "USB redirection error".

What do I do with this error message? I'm not even sure what it's
trying to tell me.

Thanks,

--
Lars Kellogg-Stedman <lars at redhat.com> | larsks @ {irc,twitter,github}