[libvirt-users] [Spice-devel] usbredir error: Error setting USB device node ACL: 'Not authorized'

Lars Kellogg-Stedman lars at redhat.com
Tue Oct 16 18:04:43 UTC 2018

On Wed, Oct 10, 2018 at 05:22:11PM +0200, Christophe Fergeau wrote:
> USB Redirection permissions are set by the
> /usr/libexec/spice-gtk-x86_64/spice-client-glib-usb-acl-helper SUID
> binary. I'm running f29 these days, but after downgrading the spice-gtk
> package to spice-gtk-0.35-1.fc28, I haven't been able to reproduce this
> issue. What version of the package is being used? ...

Hah, well, it's susprising how much better things work when you're
using the latest version. What with switching between multiple
machines it turns out that one I thought was at F28 was in fact at
F27, and upgrading it to F28 made the problem go away.

...so, while I still don't really understand what was going on there,
upgrading has fixed it, so it's all good.

Thanks!

--
Lars Kellogg-Stedman <lars at redhat.com> | larsks @ {irc,twitter,github}
http://blog.oddbit.com/                |