[libvirt-users] Xen via libvirt

Minjun Hong nickeysgo at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 18:26:36 UTC 2018

Hello.
I want to use libvirt for toolstack of Xen (not XenServer) to set up
Openstack system but,
I'm new to libvirt so, I had some troubles on installing libvirt.

I downloaded the source code, build and installed it, following here (
https://libvirt.org/compiling.html).
However, when I type a command (# virsh 'xen:///system' list) to check if
libvirt has been installed successfully,
I can see an error message:

error: failed to connect to the hypervisor
> error: internal error: libxenlight state driver is not active

Of course, I confirmed that Xen was working well:

root at node1:/home/nickeys# xl list
> Name                                        ID   Mem VCPUs      State
>  Time(s)
> Domain-0                                     0 95656    32     r-----
> 5888.0

And I'm wondering why 'Using API' below is QEMU. How can I change that to
Xen ?

root at node1: /home/nickeys# virsh version
> Compiled against library: libvirt 4.9.0
> Using library: libvirt 4.9.0
> Using API: QEMU 4.9.0
> Running hypervisor: QEMU 2.11.1

I'm using libvirt 4.9, Xen 4.12 (the current latest) and Linux
kernel 4.16.1.
I want to know how to make the 'libxenlight state driver' active.
Please let me know where I should check first to fix this wrong state, or
any tip is also okay.

Thanks.