[libvirt-users] How to change the default connection of 'virsh' tool from 'qemu' to 'xen' ?

Minjun Hong nickeysgo at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 01:56:56 UTC 2018

Hi.

Thanks to help of this mailing list (especially Jim Fehlig), I have
finished setup of libvirt.
However, there is something weird. It is that I installed libvirt on 5
servers but
the default connection of one of them is 'qemu:///' even if those of the
others are all 'xen:///'.

I searched how to change it but, I only found a bypass adding "
LIBVIRT_DEFAULT_URI='xen:///' " in my .bashrc file.
Currently, value of the variable (LIBVIRT_DEFAULT_URI) is set to 'qemu:///'.
Since the bypass makes the virtualization type of the server visible 'qemu'
to the open stack, I have to change libvirt configuration.

I also checked some configure files under '/etc/libvirt', such
as libvirt.conf, libvirtd.conf and libxl.conf.
But I have no idea, how and what to change.
Please give me some advise. It will be a big help for me.

Thanks.