[libvirt-users] Immutable backing files

Gionatan Danti g.danti at assyoma.it
Thu Sep 6 16:23:46 UTC 2018

Il 06-09-2018 12:54 Peter Krempa ha scritto:
> You forgot to specify the format of the backing file into the overlay
> file (qemu-img option -F). Libvirt treats any unspecified format as raw
> since it's not secure to do probing of the format.

Hi, the immutable base file *was* a raw image. Then a qcow2 overlay was
added, but the vm (which accesses the overlay file) only boot if the
base file is writable.

It would surprise me if a read-only raw image + qcow2 overlay is an
unsupported configuration, so I feel I am missing something...

Thanks.

--
Danti Gionatan
Supporto Tecnico