[libvirt-users] Error creating virtual network: failed to run '/usr/sbin/dnsmasq --version': : Success

Michal Privoznik mprivozn at redhat.com
Mon Apr 1 12:44:49 UTC 2019

On 4/1/19 2:16 PM, Harsh Gondaliya wrote:
> I deleted my port virbr0 using brctl command and now when I want to create
> a virtual network, it gives me this error:
>
> Error creating virtual network: failed to run '/usr/sbin/dnsmasq
> --version': : Success
> Here is my systemlog: https://pastebin.com/xjuVnsyL
>
> How to rectify this?

Oh, we are overwritting the actual error with something useless. The
real error is:

Apr  1 17:41:05 dpdk-OptiPlex-5040 libvirtd.service: 1506: error :
virCommandWait:2553 : internal error: Child process (LC_ALL=C
PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin
/usr/sbin/dnsmasq --version) unexpected exit status 126: libvirt:  error
: cannot execute binary /usr/sbin/dnsmasq: Permission denied

I suggest reviewing and possibly fixing permissions on dnsmasq binary
(assuming libvirtd is ran as root). Or maybe there's some more info in
audit.log if this is caused by SELinux.

Michal