Re: [libvirt-users] Error connecting to hypervisor

On 4/23/19 11:56 PM, Sukrit Bhatnagar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have compiled and installed libvirt from git checkout
> and started libvirtd service. The version is 5.3.0 and
> I have done system-wide installation.
>
> When I do a `virsh list`, I get the following error:
> error: failed to connect to the hypervisor
> error: Unable to encode message header

This is very suspicious. The error is reported because the function that
is generated by rpcgen and supposed to encode messages failed. Looks
like rpcgen generated some unusable code? What's your rpcgen? I have

glibc-rpcgen-2.26.9000-41.fc28.x86_64

and everything's working for me. BTW if you try compiling from 5.2.0
tarball the error should go away because we ship generated sources in there.

Michal