[libvirt-users] CPU and Memory requirements for host OS ( CentOS 7.6) on Dell Poweredge R630 server

Sven Schwedas sven.schwedas at tao.at
Tue Aug 27 07:34:55 UTC 2019

That depends on what you plan on doing with the host. IIRC live VM
migrations use host CPU time, and depending on transport can use quite a
bit of CPU (for encryption/compression). Same with storage, if you have
a ZFS/btrfs/LVM2/RAID/encryption setup that requires a lot of CPU,
that's also counted against host CPU time.

libvirtd itself doesn't need all that much resources for itself, that
said. 2 cores and 2GB RAM should suffice as baseline? Plus whatever you
need to meet above needs, if any apply.