[libvirt-users] Reg: content of disk is not reflecting in host.

bharath paulraj bharathpaul at gmail.com
Wed Aug 7 16:27:02 UTC 2019

Hi Team,

I am doing a small testing and I don't know if my expectation is correct or
not. Pardon me if I am ignorant.
I created a VM and the VM is running. In the hypervisor I have created
".img" file and attached this .img file to the VM.
My expectation is that, if VM is writing files to the attached disk, then
it should reflect in the .img file created in the hypervisor. But It is not
working as my expectation.
Please correct me if my expectation is wrong.

Steps:
1. Created disk.img in the hypervisor using the command: dd if=/dev/zero
of=disk.img bs=1M count=50; mkfs ext3 -F disk.img
2. Attached the disk to the running VM using the command: virsh attach-disk
<Domain-Name> --source disk.img  --target vdb --live
3. In the VM, I mounted the disk and created few files.
4. In the hypervisor, I mounted the disk.img to check if the file created
in the VM exists in the .img file.
   >> I am not able to see those files.

Regards,
Bharath