[libvirt-users] Compiling Libvirt on Windows for Hyper V support

Daniel P. Berrangé berrange at redhat.com
Tue Aug 20 15:35:37 UTC 2019

On Tue, Aug 20, 2019 at 11:17:06AM -0400, reza shahriari wrote:
> I am passing in:
>
> ./configure \
>   --without-sasl \
>   --without-polkit \
>   --without-python \
>   --without-libxl \
>   --without-qemu \
>   --without-lxc \
>   --without-openvz \
>   --without-libvirtd
> (The ones on the website: https://libvirt.org/windows.html <https://libvirt.org/windows.html>)

Unfortunately that page is somewhat stale.

These days you should not need to pass any args to configure - we should
automagicaly disable everything that doesn't work on Windows.

That said, officially the *only* way we support Windows right now is
via the mingw64 cross-compiler toolchain running on a Linux host, as
that is what our CI systems test for each release.

msys may or may not work - we dont have any CI systems or developers
actively testing that anymore.

> > On Aug 20, 2019, at 3:26 AM, Erik Skultety <eskultet at redhat.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, Aug 19, 2019 at 03:52:51PM -0400, reza shahriari wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I am trying to compile Libvirt from the source code on windows using msys2 but keep hitting issues while running `./configure`.
> >
> > So what arguments does msys2 pass to the configure script?

Regards,
Daniel