[libvirt-users] guest runs into watch dog reset

b f31415 bf31415 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 12:26:57 UTC 2019

I'm spinning up a guest, using virt-install.  i'm passing the guest a
single vcpu and many network interfaces.  On the guest side all the
interfaces are initially in the down state.  I've notice then when I
manually bring a specific one of these interfaces up (eg the 64th
interface), the guest system hangs.  Doing an "strace ifconfig etX up", it
looks like the system hangs when doing the ioctl to bring the interface up.

This guest is 18.04.  Host is 16.04.

Are there any qemu/virt commands i can run from the host which would
provide me a better understanding as to why the guest gets into this hung
state?

If I pass two vcpu, I don't suffer from this hang issue.

Thanks