[libvirt-users] Workaround for "internal snapshots of a VM with pflash based firmware are not supported" problem?

Andreas Tscharner sternenfeuer at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 09:12:31 UTC 2019

Hello World,

We were hit by the "internal snapshots of a VM with pflash based
firmware are not supported" problem. Is there a workaround for it (for
which revert works)? Another format perhaps?

Our use case: We have an image (Win10, UEFI) with some software
installed. This image is used by Jenkins to execute some tests. After
the tests, the image should be reverted to the original state. Jenkins
uses the libvirt plugin to connect to and start/stop and revert the
virtual machines. The images are in qcow2 format.

We've usually created a snapshot of the base state using "virsh
snapshot-create-as" on the host system, but this is no longer possible.

What is the recommended workaround?

TIA and best regards
	Andreas
Andreas Tscharner                             sternenfeuer at gmail.com

Gordon's Law:
If you think you have the solution, the question was poorly phrased.