[libvirt-users] filesharing file owner problem

Vojto Ľach vojtech.lach at gmail.com
Tue Jul 16 06:08:27 UTC 2019

Hello,
 I'm having an issue with usage of libvirt driven qemu where I'm sharing
directory with guest machine.
virsh domain filesharing configuration:
    <filesystem type='mount' accessmode='passthrough'>
      <driver type='path' wrpolicy='immediate'/>
      <source dir='/media/share'/>
      <target dir='data'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x07'
function='0x0'/>
    </filesystem>

/etc/libvirt/qemu.conf :
user = "root"
group = "root"
dynamic_ownership = 0
clear_emulator_capabilities = 0

even with this unsecure configuration I wasn't able to achieve that newly
created files/dirs in guest machine have ownership of guest machine user
but they are still created under root user id. Also strange is that group
of those files/dirs are correct.
Can somebody help me with this?

Thank you.

Vojtech