[libvirt-users] blockcommit of domain not successfull

Peter Krempa pkrempa at redhat.com
Wed Jun 5 14:49:01 UTC 2019

On Wed, Jun 05, 2019 at 13:33:49 +0200, Lentes, Bernd wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>
> thanks for your help.
>
> ----- On Jun 5, 2019, at 9:27 AM, Peter Krempa pkrempa at redhat.com wrote:

[...]

> > So that's interresting. Usually assertion failure in qemu leads to
> > calling abort() and thus the vm would have crashed. Didn't you HA
> > solution restart it?
>
> No. As said the VM didn't crash. It kept running.

That's interresting. I hope you manage to reproduce it then.

> > At any rate it would be really beneficial if you could collect debug
> > logs for libvirtd which also contain the monitor interactions with qemu:
> >
> > https://wiki.libvirt.org/page/DebugLogs
> >
> > The qemu assertion failure above should ideally be reported to qemu, but
> > if you are able to reproduce the problem with libvirtd debug logs
> > enabled I can extract more useful info from there which the qemu project
> > would ask you anyways.
>
> I can't reproduce it. It seems to happen accidentally. But i can collect the logs. Do they get very large ?
> I can contact you the next time it happen. Is that ok for you ?

Unfortunately they do get very large if there's some monitoring
gathering stats through libvirt, but it's okay to nuke them prior
to attempting the block commit, or daily or so.

Please do contact me if you gather anything interresting.