Re: [libvirt-users] libvirtd does not update VM .xml configurations on filesystem after virsh snapshot/blockcommit

On Wed, Jun 19, 2019 at 14:23:43 +0200, Saso Tavcar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Recently We've upgraded some KVM hosts from Fedora 29 to Fedora 30 and
> now experience broken VM configurations on filesystem after virsh blockcommit.
>
> Commands "virsh dumpxml ..." and "virsh dumpxml --inactive ..." is showing diffrent configuration than the one on filesystem.
> In case of restart libvirtd or system reboot, there are broken VM xml configurations on filesystem.

Hi,

this looks like a known problem we dealt with in this thread:

https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2019-May/msg00416.html

It took a few backs-and-forths until I understood it so please read the